Documentaries: Educational and Motivational

Isn't it annoying when know-nothing work colleagues or in-laws make disparaging comments about your meatless diet, make unasked for and uninformed pronouncements over your "lack of protein" or say just plain stupid things like "If everyone went vegetarian overnight then all the farm animals would just starve to death!"

Here's a place for documentaries to watch and pass on or post on your Facebook or whatever:

The health based argument for a 'whole plant foods' diet:

Forks Over Knives

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v39591800e...ks+Over+Knives
    Last edited by Pipsqueak; 02-10-2024 at 09:48 AM.

The compassionate argument for a meatless diet (I must confess, as a bit of a wimp I've yet to steel myself to actually watch this film):

Last edited by Pipsqueak; 02-10-2024 at 09:49 AM.

On a tangent, a documentary about the health benefits of juice fasting with vegetables and fruits (sorry about the subtitles):

Last edited by Pipsqueak; 02-10-2024 at 09:46 AM.

And another not related to vegetarianism, on the health benefits of intermittent fasting that I watched last night (I may actually try this):

Also tried to find Vegucated which is worth a watch, but on most of the sites carrying it, it was blocked to the UK.
    Last edited by Pipsqueak; 02-10-2024 at 09:47 AM.

Thankyou, interesting thread

I dont stand for anyone commenting negatively about me being vegetarian (at some times vegan due to allergy flare up), I dont try and put them off eating meat or convert them to being a vegetarian so why should they have the right to tell me what to eat?

I would never try and put someone off what they were eating, its the way I was brought up and I was the last in our house to go veggie and felt under no pressure to do so (my brother has had to go back to eating meat after 18 years and we arent bothered). However if somebody starts having a go at me then expect me to defend my decisions and if that puts them off then its their own fault

Quote Originally Posted by juker View Post
    Thankyou, interesting thread

I dont stand for anyone commenting negatively about me being vegetarian (at some times vegan due to allergy flare up), I dont try and put them off eating meat or convert them to being a vegetarian so why should they have the right to tell me what to eat?

I would never try and put someone off what they were eating, its the way I was brought up and I was the last in our house to go veggie and felt under no pressure to do so (my brother has had to go back to eating meat after 18 years and we arent bothered). However if somebody starts having a go at me then expect me to defend my decisions and if that puts them off then its their own fault
    It's amazing how many totally uninformed people think they know better than you, when it comes to something personal like your diet. I don't really get issues like that now as I'm older and I rarely mention my diet to anyone anyway, but I remember when I was first getting interested in going veggie the amount of plain hostility it provoked about "vegetarians" among family friends and some family members. Very odd! Almost as though it pressed some core defence mechanism button in other people.

Anyhoo, another vid here called 'Meet Your Meat' that I'm also too wimpish to watch, but which might nevertheless be of interest to others:

Last edited by Pipsqueak; 02-13-2024 at 11:27 AM.