Who isn’t a sucker for the mouth-watering, ethereal flavours of the delight that is Indian cuisine? From its fiery spices to its notes of exotic mango and tamarind, Indian cuisine has established itself as one of the most sought-after in the world of cooking – even becoming a staple treat in many British households, as well as homes around the world – understandably so! Get a fellow cooking lover a gift that they can enjoy in their kitchen.
In 10 simple steps, you could master an authentic Indian dish that will awestruck every member of your family and make you a culinary God in your household. Well close to one anyway.
Lamb Bhuna Recipe
- 450g diced Lamb
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 3 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp crushed Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 finely chopped Onions
- 6 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 20 Curry Leaves
- 4cm GratedGinger
- 400g / 1 tin Plum Tomatoes
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Chopped Coriander
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add mustard, coriander, cumin, fennel, chilli, fenugreek seeds. Stir pan until spices are a shade darker. Add dried chillies (1-3 depending on how spicy you want the dish).
- Transfer spices into a bowl and allow to cool down. Grind with a pestle and mortar until it turns into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-hot heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Fry until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves with tomatoes and salt. Cook until a thick paste is formed.
- Add the spice mix made earlier to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Place lamb into the pan and coat it by stirring the sauce well. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Check that the meat is tender. When it is ready, remove the lid and increase the heat.
- Fry until the sauce almost disappears, coating the meat.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and garam masala.
- Serve with basmati rice or rotis.
If you want to learn more advanced cooking techniques, or you are a beginner looking to improve your skills. Visit our page on cooking courses available for you.